For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is xbird GmbH.
We use Recruitee, an online application provided by Recruitee B.V., to assist with Our recruitment process. We use Recruitee to process personal information as a data processor on Our behalf. Recruitee is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with Our instructions.
Your Personal Information
Information We collect from You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, We process personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills experience that you provide to Us, as well as your video in case you conduct your interview using the Video Interview feature.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that we may conduct.
- Details of your visits to Recruitee’s Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Recruitee’s Website and the resources that you access.
Uses Made Of Your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for Our business.
Where you apply for a job opening through the Indeed Apply functionality, we rely on your consent, which is freely given by you during the application process, to disclose your personal data to Indeed on the basis described below.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill Our job openings.
How we store your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where We store your Personal Data
Through Recruitee your personal data is stored on secure servers from Google Cloud Platform (Google) and Amazon Web Services (Amazon) within the European Economic Area, see Recruitee's description here.
How long we keep your Personal Data
We will hold all the data for 6 months.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact us using our Contact details below
- let Us have enough information to identify you,
- let Us have proof of your identity and address, and
- let Us know the information to which your request relates.
How to complain
We advise you to contact us first (email@example.com) if you have any complaints regarding the processing of your personal data. But you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority:
Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Tel.: +49 (0)30 13889-0
Fax: +49 (0)30 2155050
xbird’s Data Protection Officer
Dr. Sebastian Kraska
phone: +49 89 18917360